The Associated Press reports that a former Kingston fire chief who abruptly retired in February shortly after receiving a new contract now faces a sexual assault charge.

Robert Heath has been charged with indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or older.

Police say the 59-year-old Heath put his hands down a 23-year-old man’s pants last month and tried to kiss him.

A Massachusetts man has been arrested and charged with sexually abusing a 3-year-old New York girl after sending photos of the abuse to an undercover investigator with the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office in Arkansas.
According to reports, 30-year-old Michael McCann of Haverhill, Mass. came into contact with an undercover investigator with the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office. During discussions, which started in January 2017, McCann said he would be “interested” in traveling to Arkansas to engage in sexual contact with an underage child.

Then in April, McCann claimed he recently sexually abused a 3-year-old that he described as a family member. He provided what he called “good pics” of the sexual contact and said he had more photos of the encounter. McCann then sent a phot of himself with the girl and was babysitting her for the weekend.

The Eagle Tribune reports that defrocked and formerly jailed ex-priest Ronald Paquin, who was assigned to parishes in Haverhill and Methuen, will be held without bail on a fugitive from justice charge until late next week.

Paquin, 74, was arrested on Wednesday in Boston after a grand jury in York County, Maine, handed down an indictment on 29 new sexual abuse and misconduct charges against him.

Friday at his arraignment in Roxbury District Court, Paquin was held without bail and waived rendition proceedings.

The Salem News reports that a former Catholic priest who was at the center of the Boston Archdiocese sex scandal in 2002 is facing new charges of sexual abuse in Maine that date back to the 1980s.

On Monday, a grand jury in Maine indicted former priest Ronald Paquin, 74, of Massachusetts on 29 counts of gross sexual misconduct, said Craig Sanford, police chief in Kennebunkport, Maine.

Sanford said the criminal acts took place in the late 1980s at seasonal locations in Kennebunkport. The victims, both males, were 11 and 14 when Paquin began abusing them, police said.

Former Bishop Thomas Dupre, the first Roman Catholic bishop in the United States to be indicted on a sexual-abuse claim during the flood of abuse accusations against church officials, has died. He was 83, the Diocese of Springfield (Massachusetts) said. He died outside the diocese, but the location and the cause of his death weren’t disclosed.

Dupre, who became bishop in the mid-1990s, cited health reasons for his sudden retirement in 2004. Months later he was indicted on charges he raped two boys in the 1970s, but the case was dropped because prosecutors determined the statute of limitations had expired.

Before Dupre became bishop he had been an aide of Bishop Joseph Maguire, who led the diocese from 1977 to 1992 and faced allegations after retirement that clergy sex abuse and a cover-up had happened on his watch.

A Massachusetts man in prison there for raping two young girls has been sentenced to four years in Connecticut prison for repeatedly sexually assaulting one of the children at a Preston campground, as reported by the Norwich Bulletin.

Barry Andre, 60, formerly of Auburn, Mass., received his sentence in New London Superior Court. His sentence here will start after he finishes serving a 7-year to 9-year sentence in Massachusetts.

Andre sexually assaulted a girl at Strawberry Park Campground in Preston beginning in 2008 when she was 11, Assistant State’s Attorney David Smith said. The assaults continued during stays at the campground for about five years, according to police, as well as at home in Massachusetts.

His alleged victim is a local man who says he was 14 years old at the time of the incident in 2010.

Matthew Feeney pleaded not guilty to the new charge of child rape and two counts indecent assault and battery on a person over 14.

A man claims a Massachusetts teacher sexually abused him in a dorm room more than 30 years ago while he was a student at Deerfield Academy.

The retired teacher, Peter Hindle, spoke with NBC 10 News outside of his South Dartmouth home. He said the allegation isn’t true and claims the alleged victim just wants his money.

A civil lawsuit, recently filed in Bristol County, alleges that Hindle sexually abused a man while working at Deerfield Academy in 1986. At the time, the elite boarding school in western Massachusetts was only for boys.

Bill Cosby has sued seven women who have accused him of sexually assaulting them, claiming that they defamed his character and purposefully derailed an upcoming television opportunity.

Cosby is suing Tamara Green, Therese Serignese, Linda Traitz, Louisa Moritz, Barbara Bowman, Joan Tarshis, and Angela Leslie — seven of more than 50 women who have accused Cosby of sexual misconduct or assault dating back to the 1960s.

In the suit, which was filed in the U.S. District Court in Massachusetts on Monday, Cosby denies ever drugging or sexually assaulting any of the seven women listed in his counter claim.

A Massachusetts man pleaded guilty on Thursday to transporting a minor from New Hampshire and engaging in sexual activity with her.

Lawrence Marks, 35, of Tewksbury, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to transportation of a minor in interstate commerce for illegal sexual activity, according to Acting U.S. Attorney Donald Feith. He is scheduled to be sentenced on March 30, 2016 and faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years.

In November of 2014, New Hampshire State Police were conducting an investigation into the possible sexual abuse of several children in Franklin. The investigation led the to Marks, whom several witnesses identified as a man who had been seen frequently with one of the children.