Then in April, McCann claimed he recently sexually abused a 3-year-old that he described as a family member. He provided what he called “good pics” of the sexual contact and said he had more photos of the encounter. McCann then sent a phot of himself with the girl and was babysitting her for the weekend.
The Eagle Tribune reports that defrocked and formerly jailed ex-priest Ronald Paquin, who was assigned to parishes in Haverhill and Methuen, will be held without bail on a fugitive from justice charge until late next week.
Paquin, 74, was arrested on Wednesday in Boston after a grand jury in York County, Maine, handed down an indictment on 29 new sexual abuse and misconduct charges against him.
Friday at his arraignment in Roxbury District Court, Paquin was held without bail and waived rendition proceedings.
The Salem News reports that a former Catholic priest who was at the center of the Boston Archdiocese sex scandal in 2002 is facing new charges of sexual abuse in Maine that date back to the 1980s.
On Monday, a grand jury in Maine indicted former priest Ronald Paquin, 74, of Massachusetts on 29 counts of gross sexual misconduct, said Craig Sanford, police chief in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Sanford said the criminal acts took place in the late 1980s at seasonal locations in Kennebunkport. The victims, both males, were 11 and 14 when Paquin began abusing them, police said.
A Massachusetts man in prison there for raping two young girls has been sentenced to four years in Connecticut prison for repeatedly sexually assaulting one of the children at a Preston campground, as reported by the Norwich Bulletin.
Barry Andre, 60, formerly of Auburn, Mass., received his sentence in New London Superior Court. His sentence here will start after he finishes serving a 7-year to 9-year sentence in Massachusetts.
Andre sexually assaulted a girl at Strawberry Park Campground in Preston beginning in 2008 when she was 11, Assistant State’s Attorney David Smith said. The assaults continued during stays at the campground for about five years, according to police, as well as at home in Massachusetts.
His alleged victim is a local man who says he was 14 years old at the time of the incident in 2010.
Matthew Feeney pleaded not guilty to the new charge of child rape and two counts indecent assault and battery on a person over 14.
A man claims a Massachusetts teacher sexually abused him in a dorm room more than 30 years ago while he was a student at Deerfield Academy.
A civil lawsuit, recently filed in Bristol County, alleges that Hindle sexually abused a man while working at Deerfield Academy in 1986. At the time, the elite boarding school in western Massachusetts was only for boys.
A Massachusetts man pleaded guilty on Thursday to transporting a minor from New Hampshire and engaging in sexual activity with her.
Lawrence Marks, 35, of Tewksbury, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to transportation of a minor in interstate commerce for illegal sexual activity, according to Acting U.S. Attorney Donald Feith. He is scheduled to be sentenced on March 30, 2016 and faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years.
In November of 2014, New Hampshire State Police were conducting an investigation into the possible sexual abuse of several children in Franklin. The investigation led the to Marks, whom several witnesses identified as a man who had been seen frequently with one of the children.
A former longtime teacher at Episcopal Academy in Pennsylvania was sentenced to four years in a Massachusetts prison followed by a lifetime of probation for the sexual abuse of three children at a summer camp in 1981, according to Barnstable County First Assistant District Attorney Brian Glenny.
Richard Perkins Smith, 65, of the 600 block of West Saint Andrews Drive in Middletown, PA pleaded guilty before Barnstable Superior Court Judge Gary Nickerson to three counts of indecent assault and battery involving children at a Cape Cod Christian camp where he worked as a counselor.
Smith admitted to fondling the buttocks of one young camper and the penis of another, said Glenny. He also admitted to rubbing his genitals on a third victim. All of the offenses took place inside Smith’s cabin, and involved one child aged 14 or older and two children younger than 14.
In a ruling hailed by survivors of child sexual abuse, the state’s highest court has upheld a 2014 law that gave victims an additional 32 years to file civil lawsuits against alleged perpetrators, according to the Boston Globe.
The Supreme Judicial Court’s unanimous decision also upheld the part of the law that applies the extension to cases that pre-dated the measure’s passage last year.
“It’s just a great, great day for so many survivors,” said Rosanne Sliney, 52, of Burlington, the plaintiff at the center of the ruling.
Four more women are planning to join a federal lawsuit against Bill Cosby, claiming the comedian sexually abused them and later defamed them by letting his representatives publicly label their stories lies.
Cosby’s lawyers were expected to file a response Friday to a defamation lawsuit filed last year in federal court in Massachusetts. Instead, a lawyer for three already named plaintiffs in the lawsuit filed a notice saying four new plaintiffs will be added. The amended suit is expected to be filed Friday.
The notice said both sides agree that all seven women will take a single deposition from Cosby.